Saturday, June 30, 2012

Project 17: Follow Me

I'm two weeks late with this project. I don't have a great excuse, but since I'm accountable to myself, it will have to do. My cat, who we've had for 18 years, had to be put down last week. So between the emotional distress from the loss of my cat, the craziness of VBS and the beginning of day camp, I couldn't get it done on time. But I'm still hoping to keep to a weekly a project, so hopefully I'll be able to get back on track. I don't have any muse for this window. I just thought of it while hanging out with some friends the other week. I think you could make up some interesting symbolism for it if you were bored.


The Process:
I didn't take many pictures of the process, since it's a window and the process is fairly standard. 
To recap:
1. Cut out the pieces.


2. Foil the pieces.


3. Solder the window and add a binder to the edges.



To finish the window, I applied a patina. Then I acid etched tree shapes into the background to try to add to the mysterious forest feel (they don't really show up on camera). Finally, I painted faces on my people.
Final Product:




You can sort of see the outline of the etched tree on the left.

Unlit. You can see etching (and my arm) if you look closely.


I hope to be back on the band wagon next week!





1 comment: