Monday, August 6, 2012

Project 21: Wedded Bliss

This project was a secret project! My lovely friends Kyle and Melanie got married this past weekend and I decided to make them a window as a wedding gift. But I couldn't post about it until after I gave it to the happy couple, so I'm a little late. There is a picture of Kyle and Melanie on facebook that I absolutely love. It is of the two smiling lovingly into one another's eyes. Sounds sappy when I say it, but it's an adorable picture. So I decided to do an interpretation of that picture. 


The Process:
So the first step was the make a pattern. I simplified the photo a lot. I intentionally took out as many specific facial features as possible. I left in the lines that would give the illusion of their faces and expressions without potentially cluttering and muddling things.


Next step was cutting the pieces and then foiling them.


Then I soldered everything.


And framed it.


Finally, I added a patina.


Final Product:



As you can see, I had to stray a little from the colors in the picture. For example, Kyle is not in fact a member of the Weasley family. Also, I chose to make Melanie's shirt a purple instead of a gray because a) I like the purple glass and b) I didn't have any gray glass.



1 comment: