Thursday, April 5, 2012

Project 8: Jack

My mother asked me to make this project at least six months ago and I'm just getting around to it now... better late than never right? Anyway, my mother is one of five. Her oldest sister, Karen. has two sons. Her eldest son, Alex, is married and he has two children. My mother wanted me to make a window of Alex's son, Jack, for my Aunt Karen. So I think that makes Jack my first cousin once removed? Anyway, the funny part of all this is that I've never met this kid. But he looks pretty cute from the pictures I've seen. In these pictures, he's about two and a half. 


Super cute right?
The Process:
I drew a sketch based off the picture of Jack below.



After the sketch was done, it was time to cut out and grind the pieces. They need to fit together nicely.

Next, foiling! 

The silver blobs are solder, which hold the
pieces in place for soldering. 

 Then soldering both sides!


Close up

Finally, framing and patina were added. However, I don't have a specific picture for that step so just admire those aspects on the final window.

Final Product:

Not that I want to point out imperfections in my work, but you'll notice in the above picture that his pupils are wonky. I corrected that afterward, but the sun had set so I couldn't get another super great picture. But please note in the final picture that he has lovely, basically symmetrical and appropriately placed pupils!


Nice eyes eh?




No comments:

Post a Comment