Thursday, March 29, 2012

Project 7: The Spring Breeze Brings Forth a Myriad of Blossoms

Spring has sprung in Wynnewood Pennsylvania! I don't know if I'm just really unobservant or if all the trees came to life at the same time this year, but this week, I just kept noticing beautiful flowering trees everywhere. Plus it's been sunny and 70, which made stopping and smelling the roses much more enjoyable. So I decided I wanted to do something with a flowering tree for this week's project. I thought for a second about doing a window, but I think bunches of flowers are too delicate for a simple window. It would need to be a big window with lots of intricate pieces and I think it would walk a fine line of looking over worked. So I decided I'd try and paint them. I bought myself a lovely jar from Michaels and tried my hand at painting. I don't consider myself to be a painter, but this one turned out pretty well. Perhaps, I should reconsider. Anyway, I took a lot of pictures so please scroll on through.

The Process: 
I've basically told the process, but I have lots of pictures! I painted the trunks and branches of the trees first. I free handed all of my trees, so if they aren't quite arboreal, that's why.  

$1.99 and it comes with a lid!



I painted four trees and I made them four different colors; pink, purple, yellow and white.

Purple Tree

Yellow

Pink

White

I added a layer or two more of color to each tree. You'll notice in the final product, the tree branches are more obscured by flowers. 

Final Product:













This is the yellow tree, that doesn't look yellow
at all....


The next question was, what am I going to do with a jar that has trees painted on it? Make it a candle holder of course!










I hope you get to see a flowering tree this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment