Friday, May 18, 2012

Project 13: Trying to Put the World Inside a Picture Frame

The goal for this week was to do a low key project, since last week's project was insane. So I made two picture frames. This really couldn't have been any easier. Michael's sells pre-cut picture frame glass, so that was two fewer pieces of glass I had to cut. I ended up cutting eight pieces of glass total, which is not many. 


The Process:
The process is the same standard stained glass steps. After cutting pieces out, I foiled them.




 After foiling, the frames were soldered together.




The most challenging part of this was figuring out how to attach the backing to the frame. I attach copper wire to the frames to allow the backs to be slid into place.



The Final Product:
I left the blue frame as was. I added a little paint and patina to jazz up the tan frame a little more.



No comments:

Post a Comment