Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Project 23: Hold Me Closer Tiny Dancer


I'm terribly sorry for the absence. I don't know where my time has gone. So this 'week's' project is of ballet dancers. I love to do dancers and aerialists. I think they are incredibly elegant and I think that grace and beauty translate nicely into glass. Plus, my mother was an aspiring ballerina in her younger days, so whenever I make dancers, I'm making them for her. These dancers were inspired by a series of photos of I saw in the NY Times newspaper a couple of months back

Here are other windows I've made in the past:

Dancers 

Aerialists

The Process:
I started by making a pattern.


 I cut out all the pieces and foiled them.



The most time consuming part of this project was that I essentially made three panels and then combined them into one. Each dancer panel had to be made square and had to be the same height as the other panels. Getting the panels to be the right dimensions was very frustrating. The next step was to solder the three panels separately.


I connected the three panels with 'H' channel and then framed the whole panel. 


Lastly I put on a patina and I was finally finished!

Final Product:

Without Light





No comments:

Post a Comment