Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Project 24: Orchids


Guess who is in the ball this week? This girl is!! I decided Project 24 would be flowers. Orchids specifically. I found a lovely picture of a cluster of orchids. I am not sure how well the picture actually translates into a window. The flowers may be muddled together. I go back and forth on my opinion. But anyway, form your own opinion!


The Process:
It starts with a design.



I cut out the pieces.


I foiled said pieces.


Then soldered.


I added a frame.


Finally, the finishing touches (Patina!).


 Final Product:

                           Beautiful Orchid!





Sunday September 23rd, I will be participating in the Jenkintown Arts Festival. A picture of one my pieces made it onto the website! Can you figure out which one? Anyway, I'm excited and if you have nothing better to do that Sunday come check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment